Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Edge of the Forest, May and June


Now that the new Edge of the Forest is up, I'm soliciting pieces for the May and June issues of The Edge of the Forest. (Note: The Edge of the Forest is a "venture of the heart" if you know what I mean.)

Here's what I'm looking for:

Feature Articles. Here are some recent examples of feature pieces: Candice Ransom's Fairytale in the Forest, Little Willow's I Think YA Is Great!, Kelly Fineman's The Graphic Novel: Gateway to a New World. These pieces are all very different: The first is on an admired illustrator from a writer's perspective; the second is a lively defense of Young Adult fiction; and the third is a look at graphic novels and the publishing industry. Do you have a great (or crazy) idea? Send me an e-mail!

Columns: Do you want to talk to kids about their favorite books? Then consider writing a Kid Picks column. Do you know a teacher or librarian with an eye for what their children are reading? Then think of an In their Backpacks column. Is there a writer or illustrator you'd like to interview about their work? Then think of A Day in the Life.

Interviews: Are you a Dar Williams fan? Then I have an opportunity for you! Send me an e-mail. Interview snagged. It's going to be a good one!
-----------------------
Thanks to the multi-talented Tadmack for the image.