Sunday, April 20, 2008

Well, I had a lot of organizational matters to take care of this weekend: Poetry Friday host schedule, blogroll update, etc. But then the sun came out! And I left the computer behind. No worries, though. Rain is rolling in tomorrow and I promise I'll update when I'm stuck inside again.

In the meantime, here are this weekend's reviews:

Mary Harris Russell reviews five new books including Jeanne Birdsall's The Penderwicks on Gardam Street for the Chicago Tribune.

And, speaking of Jeanne Birdall, Cecilia Goodnow profiles Birdsall for The Seattle Times.

Publishers Weekly reviews are online again this week
. Lots of stars this time. Check 'em out.

Susan Perren reviews six new books for the Globe and Mail including Traces, by Paula Fox and illustrated by Karla Kuskin

Philip Ardagh reviews Jacques Couvillon's Chicken Dance for the Guardian.

Elizabeth Ward considers poetry books for children in the Washington Post.