Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Question

I have a question for you all. Did you like the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie? I just saw it this evening and, maybe I'm jetlagging, but I didn't love it. There were, of course, the goods, which include:
  • Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge. Her performance was pure genius. That horrible giggle at the end of a cruel statement was painful.
  • The actress playing Luna Lovegood was also quite good.
  • Emma Watson toned down her performance for this film and Rupert Grint gaped much less often. They were actually quite good in this film.
  • More Maggie Smith!

But, overall, I wasn't wowed, and several things struck me as false. First and foremost was Sirius. He was so sentimental and parental in the film, while in the book these aspects of his personality are offset by his anger and resentment.

What did you all think?