Sunday, October 28, 2007

A note on blogrolls

My new blogroll system is a little unorthodox, so I thought I'd explain why the new blogrolls are the way they are now. My new blogrolls are simply links to posts of...links. And here's why:
  • I believe in the inclusive nature of the blogosphere. If you post about children's books, I'll link to you. Even if I don't believe in your politics, or your religion, or your taste in books. I would need a blog with five sidebars at this point in order to include all my links. And, the font size for each link name was becoming smaller and smaller in the sidebars. I couldn't read them any more. Now that I've linked in posts, the font size is nice and large and I can change them easily (as long as I remember October 1, 2007).
  • You can bookmark a blogroll post on your computer and it takes you straight to the blogroll of your choice. You can even bypass reading my blog now! If you want to read the children's book blogs, just bookmark On Children's Books and you're ready to click and read.
  • Comments: If I've missed a great blog, you can leave me a comment and let me know.
  • During my blog breakdown, I decided it's all about content, not design. So, I am going for simplicity. Easiest and least expensive (i.e., free) blog software, simplest free template (minima), automated everything.